- God gave Daniel the ability to stand strong and choose God over anything else.
- As Daniel obeyed God, God showed Daniel favor and gave him strength and wisdom beyond his years.
- Sometimes the king wanted Daniel to make wrong choices, but God always helped Daniel make the right choices.
- God gave us the Bible to help us make right decisions.
- God cares about our choices because God wants us to have the good lives He planned for us (Jeremiah 29:11).
- Although the Bible talks a lot about the food that Daniel ate, the most important part was that God helped Daniel choose God’s way in every area of his life. We also have choices to make, and God will help us, too.
- The most important decision we have in life is to choose Christ as Savior.
All of these songs are pretty much straight Scripture. They should know “Trust in the Lord” best. I can almost guarantee you that if you prompt them on that one, they can finish it! ;o) Try and see!!!!
Other things to talk and think about:
- Review the passage. See how much your child can recall.
- Pray about choices together.
- Talk about a time where you had a hard time making the right decision, but God helped you do what was right.
- And…if your kid is a picky eater, you could definitely bring in the fact that Daniel ate his vegetables! :o)