Sunday Morning | Bro. Dannie Wainright | Jude 1:1-4
“Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.” -Jude 1:3
Earnestly contend for the faith that was once delivered to the saints. What is the faith? The body of doctrine we come to know and understand in the Word of God. It’s what we believe, what we are, and what we do according the Scriptures.
Agonize for the faith. Truth is a mighty thing. Capture, conquer, and destroy the enemy with the Word of God. You can’t dialogue with the enemy or you’ll lose–Eve dialogued. Be broad-minded in somethings, but be narrow-minded when it comes to doctrinal teachings of the Word.
Sunday Evening | Bro. Anthony Vance | Colossians 4:1-4
“Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving.” -Colossians 4:2
How should we pray?
1) Steadfastly and persistently. Intensely. As steadfast as breathing. Unwavering. Keep on knocking. (Luke 11:9)
2) With alertness. Be watchful. Be vigilant. Be wakeful. Have the mindset of a soldier who has just crossed over enemy lines. (Mark 14:38)
3) With thanksgiving. This should really dominate our prayers. Prayer itself should be an expression of gratitude. We are SUCH a bless people. Prayerlessness is practical atheism. Prayerlessness manifests ungratefulness.
What should we pray for?
The short answer is…anything and everything.
Specifically, that God would open a door for the Word, that the Word would go forth clearly and plainly with boldness, for the advancement of the Gospel of Christ, and that people would be saved.
How can I be a better prayer warrior for my church?
Pray corporately with your church family. When someone is praying during service, be engaged and locked in.
1. Pray for the preacher and his sermon.
2. Pray for other church leaders and teachers in our church, that they would be able to effectively communicate the Gospel and plant a Gospel seed.
3. Pray through the church directory and prayer list. Pray for visitors by name.
4. Pray for all the ministries of the church, for the missionaries, for our community, and surrounding area.
5. Pray for visitors to come our way.
6. Pray that we would be faithful witnesses who evangelize and disciple.
7. Pray that we would individually love Jesus more. Pray that our church would fall more in love with Jesus.
If you want power to come from the pulpit, you must be in prayer in the pew.