“Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.” -Jeremiah 1:8
Whenever fear comes in and makes us falter, we are in danger of falling into sin. Conceit is to be dreaded, but so is cowardice. “Dare to be a Daniel.” Our great Captain should be served by brave soldiers.
What a reason for bravery is here! God is with those who are with Him. God will never be away when the hour of struggle comes. Do they threaten you? Who are you that you should be afraid of a man that shall die? Will you lose your situation? Your God whom you serve will find bread and water for His servants. Can you not trust Him? Do they pour ridicule upon you? Will this break your bones or your heart? Bear it for Christ’s sake, and even rejoice because of it.
God is with the true, the just, the holy, to deliver them; and He will deliver you. Remember how Daniel came out of the lions’ den and the three holy children out of the furnace. Yours is not so desperate a case as theirs; but if it were, the Lord would bear you through and make you more than a conqueror. Fear to fear. Be afraid to be afraid. Your worst enemy is within your own bosom. Get to your knees and cry for help, and then rise up saying, “I will trust, and not be afraid.”
[from Morning & Evening by Charles H. Spurgeon]
“…in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” -Romans 8:37
Read “This Christmas War” beautiful, thought-provoking poem by Daniel.
Kids Own Worship Summary
adapted from the Group Material
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
“God helps us make the right choices.”
- God gave Daniel the ability to stand strong and choose God over anything else.
- As Daniel obeyed God, God showed Daniel favor and gave him strength and wisdom beyond his years.
- Sometimes the king wanted Daniel to make wrong choices, but God always helped Daniel make the right choices.
- God gave us the Bible to help us make right decisions.
- God cares about our choices because God wants us to have the good lives He planned for us (Jeremiah 29:11).
- Although the Bible talks a lot about the food that Daniel ate, the most important part was that God helped Daniel choose God’s way in every area of his life. We also have choices to make, and God will help us, too.
- The most important decision we have in life is to choose Christ as Savior.
♪ The Plans I Have for You – Jeremiah 29:11
♪ Treasures – Matthew 6:20-21
♪ Work – Ephesians 6:7
♪ Come Boldly Before the Throne – Hebrews 4:16
♪ Trust in the Lord – Proverbs 3:5-6
All of these songs are pretty much straight Scripture. They should know “Trust in the Lord” best. I can almost guarantee you that if you prompt them on that one, they can finish it! ;o) Try and see!!!!
Other things to talk and think about:
- Review the passage. See how much your child can recall.
- Pray about choices together.
- Talk about a time where you had a hard time making the right decision, but God helped you do what was right.
- And…if your kid is a picky eater, you could definitely bring in the fact that Daniel ate his vegetables! :o)