Kids’ Own Worship
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
A Gentile Woman’s Faith
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
-God looks at what is in our heart.
-Jesus came to save all types of people.
-The Gentile woman had faith.
-We are Gentiles.
We sang: with Mrs. Janna!
What to review:
1. Why did the Jewish leaders criticize Jesus?
His disciples did not wash their hands the right way according to the Jewish laws.
2. What did Jesus say was more important—the outside or inside of a person?
The inside—-the heart.
3. What did the Gentile woman ask Jesus to do for her?
To heal her daughter from the evil spirit.
4. Why did Jesus help the Gentile woman?
Because of her faith.
5. Jew vs. Gentile
6. What each of these represented:
Children: Jews / Dogs: Gentiles / Crumbs: Jesus’ Message
7. The Map on the back of the paper (if you’re on the blog, see me Sunday to get a copy)
(The Lesson: I don’t go word-for-word here and I add my own stuff, but you’ll get a general glimpse).
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” -Hebrews 11:1
Those in attendance: Cheyenne, Hannah, Micheal, Olivia, Landon, Ethan, Sarah, Janna
A Note from Sarah:
What an interesting lesson! I was so blessed this week as I reflected on God’s grace that is portrayed in the last half of this chapter. Christ had revealed Himself to a Gentile woman. Wait a second…I’m a Gentile! Hey, that’s me! He’s so good! I am praying the eyes of your children will one day be opened to the beauty of His marvelous grace!
Oodles of Love in Christ who was so merciful to give me a crumb,
Sarah ~ Psalm 19:14
*Please note that the Little Lifers Kids Choir Sunday will begin at 5:30 p.m.