“but God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” -Romans 5:8
For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. -James 1:23-24
“The Scripture is both a glass to show you your spots and a laver to wash them away.” -Thomas Watson
Thomas Watson: God does not justify us because we are worthy, but by justifying us He makes us worthy.
-via David Platt’s Twitter
How Do We Aim to Glorify God?
1. “We aim at Gods’ glory when we prefer his Glory above all other things: Above credit, above wealth, above control, above ease, pleasure and the praise of men.”
2. “We aim at God’s glory when we are content that God’s will should take place, THOUGH IT MAY CROSS OURS.”
5. “We glorify God by believing him.”
6. “We glorify God by being fruitful.”
7. “We Glorify God by being CONTENTED in that state in which providence has placed us.” Here’s a great quote from that section: “We give God the glory for his wisdom, when we rest satisfied with what he carves out for us.”
8. “We Glorify God by working out our salvation through the spiritual disciplines.”
9. “We glorify God by living to God–we live to God when we live to his service.” How do we serve? “We spend ourselves and are spent that we may win souls for Christ.”
10. “We glorify God by walking cheerfully. It reflects upon a master when the servant is always moping and sad. Your serving him does not glorify Him unless it be with gladness.”
11. “We glorify god by contending for the truth.”
12. “We glorify God by praising him.”
13. “We glorify God when we have an eye to God in our natural and in our civil actions; in eating, in drinking. A grace filled person hold the golden bridle of temperance, he makes his food, not fuel for lust, but help to duty.”
If you don’t know 1 Corinthians 10:31 by heart, ask your youngster…I’m sure they could help you! :o)
Which one convicted you the most?! (Leave a comment).