I’ve had a request to post the map we have been working with in the kids’ class on Wednesday night. I’m no cartographer, but I hope it will suffice for my 4-year-olds! 🙂
A brief overview of what has happened in all these places solely during our study of Mark.
Jordan River– John the Baptist baptized Jesus (Mark 1)
Sea of Galilee- Jesus called Simon, Andrew, James & John as disciples (Mark 1:16-20); Jesus called Levi=”Matthew” as a disciple (Mark 2:13-17); Jesus told the Parable of the Sower beside the sea (Mark 4:1-9); Jesus calmed the storm (Mark 4:35-41); Jesus walked on the water (Mark 6:45-52)
Capernaum– Jesus healed Simon Peter’s mother-in-law (Mark 1:29-34); Jesus healed a paralytic (Mark 2:1-12);
Galilean side of sea (not a specific city)- Jesus heals Jairus’ daughter (Mark 5:21-43)
Decapolis– Jesus healed a man with unclean spirits, whom they called “Legion” (Mark 5:1-20); Jesus healed a deaf and mute man (Mark 7:31-37); Jesus feeds the 4,000 (Mark 8:1-21)
Bethsaida– Jesus fed the 5,000 (Mark 6:30-44)
Gennesaret– Jesus healed and talked to the Pharisees (Mark 6:53-7:23)
Tyre & Sidon, Phoenicia– Jesus healed the daughter of a Gentile Woman
Nazareth– Jesus’ hometown (Mark 6:1-6)
*More to come!
Kids’ Own Worship
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Jesus Heals a Deaf and Mute Man
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
*Jesus healed a man who could not hear or speak.
*Everything Jesus does is good.
*We can trust Jesus to work good in our lives.
We sang with Mrs. Janna!
What to review:
1. Where did Jesus go after He healed the woman’s daughter?
Decapolis (which stands for the Ten Towns)
2. Who did the people bring to Jesus?
A man who was deaf and mute.
3. Where did Jesus take the man?
Away from the crowd.
4. How did Jesus heal the man?
He placed His fingers in the man’s ears; He spit and touched the man’s tongue.Key verse:
“They were completely amazed and said, ‘Everything He does is good! He even heals people who cannot hear or talk.‘” -Mark 7:37
A Note from Sarah:
It’s so easy for me to just read over something like this because Jesus healed so many people. But I have to stop and remind myself how miraculous this is and that it is something only our omnipotent Savior could do. I hope to convey the amazingness of this miracle to your children. And may God open our spiritual ears to hear His voice. “O for a thousand tongues to sing my great Redeemer’s praise, the glories of my God and King, the triumphs of His grace…Hear Him, ye deaf; His praise, ye dumb, your loosened tongues employ; ye blind, behold your Savior come, and leap, ye lame, for joy.”
Oodles of Love in Christ, who is music to my sinful ears,
*Please note that the Little Lifers Kids Choir Sunday will begin at 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday Night Prayer Requests (11.19.08)
- John- in jail until at least Jan. 13; wants to get in the Word of God; pray the Lord would keep him steadfast in walking with Him.
- Kenny, Leslie, Mollie & Joseph- Leslie gets out of the hospital tomorrow as she almost had a nervous breakdown. Pray the Lord will draw Him closer to Himself.
- Anita- shingles
- Brenda- can see that God is working in her life!
- Kim & Shawn (Brenda) – sell something; pray the Lord will manifest Himself to them.
- Becky D.- wants to be helping people at work, not just drawing a paycheck. She can see the Lord providing opportunities in this area already!
- Steve D.- real estate pick-up
- Erika and Elijah (Steve & Becky)- spiritual
- Donnie- sick
- Danny D.- sick (along with the babies Cheryl keeps: Mila & Jonah)
- Jason, Nikki, Ethan and Landon- traveling to Florida by way of Myrtle Beach; Nikki still not feeling up to par
- Shawn & Crystal- pray the Lord will give them the desire to be more faithful
- Gina- can see the Lord healing kids in the homes she is working in; pray that she will have courage to witness to these families that are unbelievers
- Barb- praise: documents she needed sent!
- Paul- man at gas station who wants to understand the Bible
- Paul- for work to pick up
- Barb’s sister- flying in for Thanksgiving
- Ron- feel better
- Helen- we acknowledge her and extend our gratitude for exemplifying Hebrews 10:23 this week!
- Mrs. Young (Harry) & Nancy (Harry’s sister)- both get to go home tomorrow morning or Friday
- Hannah- recovering from bronchitis
- Tommy- not feeling well
- Chris- starts new job this weekend on 3rd shift; he has to work on weekends now; pray that he will be faithful on Wednesday nights and that he his shift will change soon so he can come to Sunday school and church on Sundays
- Lou, Stella & Erick
- Tulsa P. -Kay N.’s mom
- Jessie G.- 83 years old and lost
- Pastor Steve, Pastor Dave, Ron, Helen and the Bratchers- traveling to BFM Thanksgiving Conference in Michigan next week (Monday-Wednesday)
- Wayne- as he speaks next Wednesday night
- Thanksgiving- as an opportunity to witness to family members/friends
Pray that we, the members of New Life, will live out Hebrews 10:23:
-Let us consider one another.
-Let us provoke each other towards love and good works.
-Let us exhort one another.
Kids Worship Summary
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Jesus Chooses Followers
- Jesus chose two sets of brothers to follow him: Simon & Andrew and James & John.
- They were hard-working fishermen and were not rich or educated, but that did not matter because Jesus cared about what was in their heart.
- The fact that the men left everything to follow Jesus shows their great faith.
- When a person accepts Christ, they must leave all of their sinful ways and follow Jesus.
♪ Work – Ephesians 6:7
♪ He Leadeth Me
♪ Treasures – Matthew 6:20-21
♪ Trust in the Lord – Proverbs 3:5-6
♪ I Will Make You Fishers of Men
Other things to talk and think about:
- Review the passage. See how much your child can recall.
-Where did Jesus go when He began preaching? Galilee
-Who were the first two men Jesus called? Andrew and Simon
-Who were the next two men Jesus called? James and John
-What did these men do when Jesus called them? They left their nets and boats and followed Him.
-Why did Jesus choose fishermen to follow Him? He was looking at their hearts and knew they had a lot of faith.
- Talk to your kids about how Jesus called you as I disciple and how you have followed Him.
- Emphasize that Christ chose His disciples (1 John 4:19).
- Key Verse: And Jesus said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men.” (Mark 1:17)
Prayer Requests from Wednesday, June 4
- Harry- doctor on Friday
- Cheryl- pulled back muscle
- Christine [Cheryl: Jonah’s mom]- 7 months pregnant; in pre-labor; stuck in Minnesota in hospital
- Wayne and Sherry- air conditioning is broken
- Brenda- air conditioning is broken
- Carl- desire to come
- Kim [Brenda’s daughter]- heart results soon
- Mary [Brenda’s sister]- doing well [cancer]
- Kevin [Brenda’s friend]- broke neck in swimming pool; paralyzed from waist down
- Kim and Shawn [Brenda’s daughter]- auction on the 21st
- Avis W. [Pastor Steve’s sister-in-law]- pre-cancerous polyps removed
- Mike W. [Pastor Steve’s brother]- traveling up here this weekend to sing at NLBC Sunday night
- Daphne [Jason’s sister]- had surgery in Florida this week
- Leslie- unspokens
- Isaiah 58 Bible Study Thursday night at 5 p.m.
- Donnie- court date June 19 in Pulaski County; should get out the 20th
- John- pray he won’t go into spiritual shock when he hits the bumps of life
- Mark [Daniel’s friend]- coughing up blood
- Pray for the seeds that have been planted and watered this week in people’s lives. Pray more seeds would be planted and watered this week.